It's that time of year where we are starting to get ready for school. Our school year starts on Aug. 31.Brooklyn will be going into 5th grade, Rilee 3rd, and Kyndra 1st. I will do preschool with Carson during any free time I have from teaching the girls. I still need to go out and buy school supplies, but that should be fun. I love homeschooling my kiddos, but I seriously enjoy our summers off.
We've had a wonderful summer. We've played a lot in our pool and spent a lot of time with family. Erik just bought a canoe yesterday, so we're hoping to get to go out in that soon. Of course, we're the weird people who had to try it out in our pool to see if it would float and hold all of us. LOL! It was hilarious! But the kiddos had so much fun they didn't want to get out. Yes, I definitely see a canoe trip in our near future.
Football pre-season has started. For anyone who knows me, I'm a huge Seahawks fan! I never understood football very well, so I never really watched it very much, even though I always liked the Hawks. But in the last few years I've actually learned how the game works and I love it! It doesn't take much for me to get into any game even if it isn't the Hawks. But ask any one of my kids, if a Hawks game is on I will be screaming at the tv cheering them on! GO HAWKS!!!
We are currently working on getting the playroom turned into a bedroom for the girls. I'm hoping to be able to start painting it this week sometime. We're doing a really pretty aquamarine blue. We're also going to be putting a tree design in there on the wall with pretty butterfly and bird decals. It will looks so awesome when it is finished. It is just a lot of work. When we finish with that, the next project will be painting the girls old room and getting it redone for Carson. His bed is still in my room, since we haven't had a room for him of his own. But hopefully that will all change very soon.
My mom is currently en route to NY to visit her family. Her mother's health has been declining over the last year. So she is going back to see her and spend time with her sisters and brother, plus, lots of other family members. She is going to be greatly missed while she is gone. We're used to see her every week on her days off. Plus, sometimes even on days she does work. I know the kids and I can't wait for her to return.
On the 25th Tandy will be going in for a scheduled c-section and my nephew, Markis, will be born! I'm so excited for a new baby in the family. Unfortunately, we won't get to see him very often, since they live 8 hrs away. He has been a long awaited for baby. They've been trying to have another baby for 7+ years. Needless to say, everyone is very excited! Especially Kiara! She is so excited to have a baby brother!
Another new thing for us this year has been me become a full time babysitter to my friend's 2 year old daughter, Kaleigha. I have her during the week and on the occasional weekend Teresa can't get find other childcare.
My other form of work comes from being a Posh consultant! I absolutely love Posh! If you have never heard of it, Posh is a line of naturally based skincare products. We sell things like soaps, body butters, face care products and so much more! We are also free of parabens, pararfins and sulfates. Plus, we also do not use other harmful chemicals. My mom is allergic to a chemical that is used in a lot of soaps and lotions. But Posh doesn't have it in any of their products. She is able to use Posh without having any flareups from her psoriasis. Follow this link and go check it out for yourself!
Now I need to go attend to my monsters! Such is the life for this mommy!
No comments:
Post a Comment