Saturday, September 18, 2010

Been Busy

I've been wanting to do another update, but I've been busy lately. Erik and I decided that we want to homeschool the girls. So I've been busy trying to get a schedule going that allows for school time. Brooklyn loves doing her school work. She would sit and go through her books in one day. I love that fact that we can teach our children how we see fit and can work with the way they learn best. Plus we can provide them with a Christian education and not pay private school prices. I'm really excited about homeschooling. I just need to get a few more books and we're good to go for this year.

We took our trip to the coast over Labor Day Weekend. We had a fabulous time! We were able to see some tide pools and play in the sand. We also went to Friday Harbor where we enjoyed seeing a pod of orca whales. We actually got to hear them over the hydrophones when they were still about 3 miles away. That was such an amazing experience!!! We even saw a mama whale and her baby!! It was so beautiful! We had so much fun and can't wait until we can plan another trip there again.

Please keep Kiara in your prayers this next week. She is having surgery on her heart on Friday. They will need to stop her heart for 45 minutes-1 hour. Please pray for the surgeons who operate on her. Thank you!

No comments: