Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Coast

Erik has been working out of town a lot the last few weeks. And we have had very little family time. The poor girls have had a very hard time with it. Ma was saying that we should just stay home this weekend and not make any plans with anyone so we could have some quality family time. I was telling Erik it would be a good idea to do that for the girls. And then I came up with the idea that maybe we should go on a trip. So we decided yesterday that we're going to take a trip to the coast and spend some time on the beach. We are all so excited! It is all Brooklyn and Rilee can talk about. Brooklyn wants to look for seashells and build a sand castle. We've never taken a trip like this with just the 5 of us so we're really looking forward to it. I hope to get a lot of pictures taken. We are even going to take the ferry to the San Juan Islands. We already have a room booked at a motel. And most importantly we are going to spend some good time together as a family.

Kyndra is now a walker. She decided last week she was done crawling. She had been taking steps since she was 11 months old, but she just quit crawling last week. It really means my baby is growing up and is no longer a baby.

Also last week, I babysat my nephew (my best friend's son), Devin, while she and her husband were in Seattle. We had him from the 18th through the 26th. It was a lot of fun, but very different having a boy in the house. They are so different from girls. I'm not sure what I would ever do if we had a boy.

Brooklyn has been swimming in our pool like crazy. We have allowed to swim without her life jacket as long as an adult is in there. She is doing so amazing! She keeps her head above the water and has started doggie paddling. Erik and I are so proud of her. She loves to be in the water and is doing such an amazing job.

Rilee also loves to swim. But she is more nervous. She does better in pool than with sprinklers. She doesn't like being sprayed or splashed. She has also been getting the hang of pedaling her bike. She wants to riding her bike to the park, but we need to get her a helmet first before I will let her do that.

My kids are growing faster than I like. I wish there was a way to slow them down so they will stay little for longer, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't work that way. Oh well, I'll enjoy them while I can.

No comments: