Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Wow

It sure has been a while since I did an update. Things have been very hectic. Three little girls and a puppy sure keep things busy. I love it all though.

The girls are growing so much. Brooklyn and Rilee spent all afternoon in their kiddie pool today. They had so much fun and are sleeping so good tonight. Brooklyn is part fish. She loves the water and really picks up swimming quickly. Rilee loves the water too, but she does not like to splashed or sprayed (with a hose). She like to get in the water on her own terms. She cracks me up just watching her.
Kyndra had her first birthday 3 weeks ago. She is trying to walk and we practice with her. She is close, but she just doesn't seem to want to make the final transition. She is learning so many new words. She is talking and babbling all the time. She also loves to shriek. It is so funny to hear her. Yesterday, I was combing Brooklyn and Rilee's hair and Kyndra had a ball. Ziva was right next to her and I thought Kyndra was trying to hit Ziva. Instead she touched her nose with the ball and then rolled it on the floor. Then she said, "Go!" And sure enough Ziva went and got the ball and brought it back to Kyndra. I was in absolute shock. It was so cute and funny.
Rilee is such a funny child. Last night Erik was playing with her and tickling her tummy. She told him, "Daddy, you're giving me the giggles!" Erik and I got a good laugh out of that. She says such funny things.
Brooklyn loves music. Well, so does Rilee. But Brooklyn is the one who wants to be a rock star. You will always find her singing and dancing. And then Rilee will join in and start singing too. They are so cute together and the best of friends.
I feel very blessed to have such good kids and a wonderful husband. Erik has been working hard. Work for him has been slow, but when he is at home (weather permitting) he has been working outside on our gardens. He made a second raised garden. We have crops coming through already. Our peas are about 6 inches tall, green beans are 4-5 inches and carrots about 2 inches. Our cucumbers just came through yesterday and zucchini and yellow crook-necks came through a couple of days ago, as well as our corn. I hope God blesses us with a bountiful garden again this year. There is nothing more tasty than homegrown veggies. We also have 4 tomato plants that we're hoping do well.

Well, it's late and I need to get some sleep. I hope to update this more often and get some new pictures put up of the girls. Things have been crazy and my blog has been the last thing on my mind. But I hope to do better.

No comments: