Thursday, September 1, 2011

This and That

Today I decided to make zucchini bread with my girls. We love zucchini bread! My grandparents have an abundance of zucchini growing in their garden. Our garden started off doing really well, but we will not be getting any produce from it. None of our crops have grown very well. So they have been sharing their food with us. I can't wait until we can eat our first loaf of zucchini bread later today. I'm also going to be making many loaves to freeze so we can enjoy them over the winter.I have a ton of zucchini to do something with before it goes bad. I'm thinking we'll be grilling some for dinner tonight. YUMMY!!!

Things are going well, for getting Brooklyn signed up with this home school program. It is through our public school system. I really want to give Brooklyn a Christian education, but with this program they will give us a certain amount of money for books as well as putting her in other classes. We're thinking maybe ballet or swimming. We could even do piano lessons. She is wanting to do ballet more though. And she is such a good dancer that it would be wonderful for her. Also with this program we will have a teacher that can help us if we need it. And I have to report to them and let them know how Brooklyn is doing and what she has been learning. She also will have 2 conferences a year with her teacher to show them that she is learning. She will also go to take her IRI test with them. I think it will be good for both of us, because this will give me someone to be accountable to so I don't slack off in any way. We're pretty excited about it. Someone called me the other day, because I had sent in the first part of the application. She told me that our chances of getting in were pretty high right now. So yesterday was spent making the copies they needed for the second part of our application that I had to mail in. I can't wait to officially be enrolled. If this goes well for Brooklyn we will enroll Rilee next year. Brooklyn and I are excited to get started with her schooling!

No comments: