Christmas was great! We enjoyed spending time with family. Jeff, Tandy and Kiara joined us on Christmas morning and my parents came by later (Mom had to work graveyard on Christmas eve). We all had so much fun. Unfortunately, the next day Kyndie woke up not feeling well and later started throwing up. She was down for a couple of days and then Carson got it. It went on like this until it had plagued each of my children. Thankfully Kiara didn't get sick. With her having no immune system we have to be very careful with her. And thankfully God has kept her from getting pneumonia this winter so far. Anyway, it seemed only the kids had gotten the bug. Well, just this last Wednesday I woke up ill with a similar bug. I have never been so sick in my life. At one point I almost fainted I was so sick. Yesterday, I still wasn't 100% yet. But I was keeping food and drinks down. Today I woke up starving so I'm taking this as a sign I'm well again. I'm just praying no one else gets sick. My mom happened to be off on Wednesday and Thursday so she came to help take care of the kids, because I was way too sick. Before she got there Brooklyn and Rilee were the best little helpers. They made Carson a bowl of instant oatmeal and fed it to him. They also helped get themselves and Kyndie bowls of cereal. They did a great job! And Brooklyn was very concerned about me. She kept checking on me and asking if I needed anything. My girls are really growing up. They are such sweet and caring children. I'm so proud to be their Mommy.
School continues on. We got a little behind because of all the sickness. But they are doing great catching up. Between our teacher and I we finally got spring semester curriculum figured out for Rilee. Because she is advanced, I wasn't sure what books to get for her. She is doing the first grade work, but because she is technically only in Kindergarten, she doesn't have to progress at the rate Brooklyn does. So we're going a bit more slowly in Math. Although she is doing great in Language Arts. We also decided that because she needs the challenge, we are starting her in 1st grade Grammar and Spelling. She will more than likely not finish them by the end of the year, but that is ok. She may start next year doing the second half of 1st grade and move in to 2nd, by semester. But at least now we have a plan. Life is going on and we're just trying to hang on and keep up. I feel so blessed to have such a wonderful family. God has truly given us so much to be thankful for.
No comments:
Post a Comment