Yes, Erik and I got to have a date night on Thursday night! It was so amazing. Tandy and I have started this thing where on Wednesday Kiara comes and spends the night with us, so Tandy can clean and she and Jeff can have some time alone. On Thursday I load up all 3 girls and take them over to Tandy and they stay the night with her. So after I took the girls to Tandy, Erik and I got ready to go to dinner. I had no idea where we were going. Erik wanted to surprise me. So we dressed and left for Spokane. We went to this wonderful place called Anthony's. It was so incredible!!!! It was a seafood restaurant! The food was so delicious! Inside the menus they have a sheet of paper that is printed everyday. It has a list of meals that are served with fresh seafood that is flown in every single day! The fly in food from Alaska to Australia!!! So of course, we had to have the fresh fish. I ordered Alaskan King Salmon that was covered in a sweet red pepper sauce and was served with mashed potatoes and fresh vegetables. YUMMY!!!! Erik ordered the Australian lobster and sirloin steak combo which also came with the potatoes and veggies. Our appetizer was portobello mushrooms that had this crispy bread crumb of some sort (basically I can't remember the name of the bread they used). It was delicious! We also had the clam chowder. Everything was so good. Our table wasn't right next to the windows, but we still had an amazing view of the dam near Riverfront park. It was so gorgeous. Unfortunately I forgot to take my camera so I could take pictures. (Yes, I got the idea from you, Cameo.) Otherwise, I would have pictures of the view and all the food. I wanted to get the Huckleberry Slump (our waitress said it was kinda like a cobbler) for dessert, but I was so full even though it sounded so yummy! What can I say? I love my huckleberries!!! I still can't get over the whole night. We had such a wonderful time. And it was so much fun being surprised. I can't wait to do it again!
Today with the girls still at Tandy's I got a lot of cleaning done in my house. It was so nice to be able to turn on my music as loud as I wanted and just work without having to worry about the kids or have them not giving me any peace. So that was great.
I also have some happy news from my cousin, Cameo. She is going to be leaving next week to go down to Guatemala and get her baby Valentina to finally bring her home!!! We are all so happy for her. She is leaving on thursday to fly down. She will get to have V on friday and then they will wait out Pink. I can't remember exactly what that is at the moment, but I will look and then let everyone know. But YAY for Cameo and Norm!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bye for now.................
2 comments:
I'm so glad you had a wonderful date and a delicious meal! You both need and deserve it. Everybody needs a break. Hopefully you can keep on doing this on a regular basis. yea! Love,mom.
Awwww... thanks so much for the shout out. Our pink appointment is the last thing we have to do, that is when we take V to the US Embassy in Gutemala and swear to take care of her and then the next day they deliver her visa and we are free to leave and bring V into the States as a US citizen!!! And I'm so glad you and Erik got a date night. Those are so important to married people, with kids or not! Can't wait to hear about your next one! Love you!
Post a Comment