Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Pics

Here are some pictures from when we went to Falls Park just over a week ago. The weather was incredible and we had a great time!


Brooklyn is all ready to go to the park.
The back of Brooklyn's head as we looked out over the dam.
Pretty cool!

One of my favorite views down river.


Gorgeous!


Mommy with Rilee on her back.


Rilee loves her backpack!

Daddy and Brooklyn


Swinging at the playground!

Slide time!

How adorable is she?
Brooklyn taking off down the slide.
Rilee's turn!


Woo Hoo!!

Crawling in the tunnel!

Peek-a-boo!!

I'm gonna make it!!

Oh crap!! I'm going down!



We had a great time at the park. The weather was nice enough for shorts. Brooklyn loves going to Falls Park. She likes hiking around on the trail and there is also a kiddy pond where only kids can fish. Pop was actually there with us for a bit. He was going to take Brooklyn fishing, since she has been asking him to take her for some time now, but he was on call for work and ended up having to go before they could fish. The weather of course, was only nice for the weekend. We got rain and then snow over the rest of the week. I've been trying since last night to get my pictures to upload. I had some and then blogger wouldn't let me move them where I wanted. So today it was working again. When I got down to uploading my last 2 pics blogger wouldn't let me upload them. Not even if I did them only one at a time. That was a bit frustrating. So now (wed. @ 9:18pm) I was finally able to finish them.

Today Brooklyn and I had our first tea party. Grandma bought her an adorable tea set on Friday. Today was actually our first chance to have tea. So I made tea (Brooklyn loves tea) and then I made pb&j sandwiches and cut them all small and cute. And we had tea with our pb&j. We had a blast. Brooklyn spilled her tea a couple of times, but the teacups are so small that it wasn't a big huge deal. So tomorrow we are planning a tea party for her and daddy. We were going to do it today, but Erik hadn't had lunch so we went to dinner. We were way to full for them to have tea and sandwiches. I also did school time with Brooklyn. She wants to go to school so badly. So we sat down today with markers and paper and I worked on teaching her how to write an A. Does anyone have any tips on how to teach her? I've never taught someone to write before. Plus she is a lefty and that cause some difficulties.

Please continue to keep Tricia, Nate and Gwyneth in your prayers. Tricia is doing really well. She was discharged yesterday from the hospital. Gwyneth is gaining weight, but I believe she needs to gain more and be breathing on her own before she can leave the hospital. So continue to pray for their recovery and continued health.

Nick still needs our prayers as well. He is making progress but it is still very slow. He is at the stage in his recovery where he is trying to bite when he becomes agitated. This is very hard on his family. So please keep all of them in your prayers.

Bye for now.............................

2 comments:

Trina G. said...

your daughters look like such diva's. they are so beautiful. So glad you had a great family day. Aren't they the best?

Asa is writing like crazy. We started out getting those spelling books (ie. Dora, Diego, Disney type learning books) They have lines with the letters on them, and it has arrows on how to make the letters. Asa also writes with his left hand, as well as his right. He gets frustrated very easily because he wants to do it perfect, but when i tell him to slow down, he does it perfectly. ALSO, what helped him tremendously was a "My first leap pad". Most of the books that go with it, also work with spelling, and the right way to write the letters. Good luck. It's so fun to see them improve as they go along.

Give the girls great big bear hugs for me.

Beya said...

Cute pics as always. Give the girls hugs from me. Love, Aunt Kathy