Friday, July 6, 2012

Summer.....

...has finally arrived! We got our pool set up last weekend and even though the water temp was only about 60* my crazy daughters had to get in. We are supposed to have 90*+ weather this weekend so I'm sure we will be enjoying the pool. I'm also going to be babysitting my BFF's youngest 2 children. They are 2 and 9mo. So it should be a busy weekend. Both Kyndie and Carson had birthdays since my last post. Kyndie is 3 and Carson is 1. Kyndie is now completely potty trained even at night. She has been wearing panties to bed a week now and we haven't had one accident. I'm so proud of her. She potty trained much younger than the older girls. Brooklyn also fractured her elbow 5 weeks ago. She was in a splint for a week and then we went in the an orthopedic specialist and he put her in a cast. She thought she had picked out a neon yellow cast color, but it turned out to be glow in the dark. Which she loved!!! So it was all good. This last week has been spent getting her to move her arm again and not treating it like it is still hurt. She is doing better everyday. Rilee has had her share of injuries too. At Kiara's birthday party she was running around and another child ran into her. He happened to be just short enough that his head slammed into her mouth. Now her front two teeth are a bit loose and her gums looked bruised. Plus, she's had a fat lip. Erik has been in the process of building a swingset for the kiddos. It will be very cool when it is finished. Carson is not even close to walking yet. He can walk along furniture, but he cannot stand alone for more than a second or two. He has no interest in walking and that is just fine with me. I'm not ready to have him running around with his sisters. He can climb the stairs so fast! I'm constantly grabbing him and bringing him back down to the living room. He likes to crawl into the bathroom and then he stands up and tries to flush the toilet. He isn't able to yet, but he does try. My house is in constant chaos, but it is fun and I'm rarely bored. Except for yesterday and today. My parents took the girls over to spend the night with them. And I don't really know what to do with myself having only one child. And his naptimes get pretty boring! LOL! I am enjoying having a little break and I know how crazy it will get when the come back home. Now I'm off to get some lunch. Breakfast was forever ago. Or so it seems....

No comments: