Wednesday, September 10, 2008

A Few Pics

I have a few pictures to post from when we went huckleberry picking. Unfortunately I don't have any of us actually picking the berries, but mostly just from the drive up there.


Erik took this one of me before we left.


Some of the view on our way up. I love how soft the grass looked.


The beautiful lake.

More from the road of the lake.

So beautiful


Gorgeous

My pretty Brooklyn girl eating her chicken nugget.

This is a terrible picture of Rilee. I have her carseat rear facing and it made it very difficult to take a picture of her.

The drive on the mountain road.

Another attempt to take a Rilee pic.

I loved the way the hillside looked.

A pic from on top of the mountain.
We stopped to take some more pics of the view and I took the chance to take one of Brooklyn as well.
Erik took this one.
Rilee didn't want to let me take her pic all she wanted to do was throw rocks.

Daddy let Brooklyn drive a little bit with some help.

Trying another Rilee pic. Please ignore the snotty nose.
Rilee was getting her turn to drive on our way back down.
She was more interested in having a drink.

You can't see it very well, but there is a yellow bumper sticker. It said, "Save Idaho spay an neuter anti hunters." Erik and I both loved it and thought it was so funny.




On the way down the mountain I saw something in a tree by the side of the road. The next thing I knew it climbed down and I saw that it was a black bear. It wasn't a large one by any means, but it was full grown. Erik had seen it as well and stopped the car to see if we could see it. Brooklyn was scared to death. But we didn't see it. It has already taken off down the mountain. But it was so cool. I wish we could have gotten a better view of it.

On Sunday, we went over to my grandma's house. She and my grandpa bought a big swing set for all the kids. It has a tower, 3 slides, a climbing wall and a rope ladder, plus, the swings of course. Erik and Pop went over to help build it. The kids loved it. Also, I had to deal with my first bee sting. Rilee got stung on her finger. I was in the house with my grandma when Erik brought her in. He said she had stopped crying by the time they were coming up the stairs. Her hand swelled up a bit, but she was fine. We gave her some benedryl to help with the swelling.

Erik's car also decided to break down on us. He had to take it in to get it fixed. We still don't have it back yet and it is going to cost us over $2000 to get it fixed. But once it is fixed it should be good to go for a few more years. Well, the girls are up and I need to get them a snack.

Bye for now.......................

4 comments:

Trina G. said...

Love the new look. That should be incentive to post.

brooklyn is so photogenic.

did you get any huckelberries?

nana and granddad said...

Thank-you so much for the pics and stories. I wish I could go pick huckleberries. I would get in my car right now except that I don't want to miss the near perfect weather here. Love you all and miss you, mom

nana and granddad said...

I always get to Tandy's blog from yours, It's gone. I have neglected to bookmark it. help. mom

Anonymous said...

Love the pics, looks like you guys had a good time.

A common bumper sticker that can be found here is:

Vegetarian...

Indian word for lousy hunter.

But the one you saw, is pretty good to!

~Denise and family, in Alaska