Edited: I read on Tandy's blog that she still only has a 40% cure rate. There was some miscommunication between everybody. So to be called a relapse there has to be 20% of the cancer cells back. Kiara's are only 5%-7%. They caught it really soon so that will make it easier to cure.
God has answered our prayers!! Today we were told that there aren't enough cancer cells for Kiara to have a full blown relapse. She is still getting her chemo and she still needs the bone marrow transplant. But her chances of being cured have gone from 40% to 95%!!!!! Isn't that wonderful news?!!!! That 40% was high because she has Down's syndrome. For a regular kid that was a much lower percentage. Thank you so much for all your prayers. I was really hit with the emotional impact of everything yesterday. I was having a very hard day. But I feel great knowing that even though Kiara has to go through all of this she is going to be just fine. Kiara is just like one of my kids. The three girls are more like sisters. Another part that made my day so difficult was trying to explain to Brooklyn why we couldn't go see Kiara yesterday. That was not an easy job. So thank you again for all you prayers. Please continue to pray for Kiara and all of us as she finishes her treatment. Thank you!!
Bye for now........................
No comments:
Post a Comment