Sunday, May 11, 2008

Update on Kiara

Kiara is going to be starting chemo again next week. She is also going to be having some tests run so that they will be able to find a bone marrow donor faster if it comes down to her needing a bone marrow transplant. I've already told Erik that if it is needed I want to be tested. The only sucky thing is the money. For Jeff and Tandy to be tested it would cost around $10,000 because they don't have insurance. How awful is that? But in reality $10,000 is nothing compared to Kiara. And I'm pretty sure we'd all do it if it really comes down to her needing the transplant. But the transplant is a last resort since down's syndrome children have a hard time with it. So please, please pray that it won't come down to that. And please pray that God will continue to heal her. She is such a strong child and has always been a fighter. I know she will fight this as well. We love you so much, Kiara. And we're all going to be there for you.

Bye for now...........................

2 comments:

Beya said...

How do we get tested, and does insurance pay?

Trina G. said...

I have emailed you a link for possible free testing. I also found out that some Red Crosses will do it, if you give blood. You might want to try your local chapter.