Yesterday was Willy and Wyatt's birthday party. Erik had to work so the girls and I went all on our own. The weather was sunny and hot. I noticed Rilee felt really hot, but I thought it was because we were outside. She also had been drinking a lot of water. The kids all had a water fight with some water guns. Brooklyn had a blast. Rilee didn't like getting squirted. So she and I sat on the deck where there was no water shooting allowed. When we came home Rilee was fast asleep in her carseat and stayed that way all the way up the stairs and into her bed. That is pretty unusual for her. She woke a little while later and still felt pretty warm, but I figured she probably was too warm for sleeping with her blankets. (She does love to snuggle) We went out and had Chinese for dinner. After we got home I noticed she still hadn't cooled down so I took her temp and it was 100.something. So we gave her some motrin and tylenol. The girls had a nice somewhat cool bath and went to bed. Rilee woke up around 6:30-7am and she was burning up. I took her temp again and it was 101.7, so I gave her some more medicine. Brooklyn ended up in the bed with us and we all eventually fell asleep. The girls were fine most of the day, Brooklyn was a bit cranky, because she didn't sleep well after she came in my bed. I put them down for their naps and when Rilee woke up her temp was 102.9! I called Erik who was on his way home by that time and he said we'd take her into the dr. It turns out the poor girl has an ear infection. So she is now on an antibiotic which will hopefully have her feeling better in the morning. The weird thing is she didn't act like she had an ear infection. I wondered if that might be the problem, but I wasn't sure. I'm so glad we took her. Poor baby was so tired she went to bed at around 7:45pm! My girls never go to bed that early, 9pm or later is normal for them. What a day my poor girl has had!
Kiara is doing well with her chemo. She is almost finished with this first treatment and then we have to wait for her counts to drop to 0 and then come up again before she can come home. Please continue to keep her in you prayers.
Bye for now.......................
1 comment:
Hope Rilee feel's better soon. It's so horrible when our kiddo's get sick, especially with fever.
Post a Comment