Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Blah

I've been a little blah feeling lately. I also haven't really felt like blogging much. I've had a lot on my mind worrying about Kiara. She could use a lot of prayers right now. I'm not giving any details as I don't know all of them, but please just pray for her.

I've been doing a lot of research on cloth diapers. I'm actually going to make the switch. I'm just getting fed up with wasting my money on disposable diapers. I pay around $20 for a box of diapers and even then some of the diapers are faulty. The last box I bought every diaper has had a problem with the tabs. I can't hardly pull one up so I can fasten it. Plus, with cloth diapers, at least what I've read from other moms, they have never had a blowout. With Rilee teething she has had a lot of blowouts and is ruining her clothes. I'm just sick of it. And cloth diapers are not like what they used to be. Most people think they have to swish them in the toilet. Not anymore there is a cool spray nozzle you attach to your toilet. Very cool and definitely something I'm getting. I think I will mostly make my stash of pocket diapers. These are very cool. They have a pocket that you put an insert into. The outside is waterproof so no leaks or wet clothes. They also have all in ones. These are just like a disposable, but you just wash it and use it again. I will probably have some of these for when we are out and about at the stores and such. I will also make the switch to cloth wipes. I know some of you are thinking I'm crazy, but I'm not. I honestly don't think it will be that bad. And I've also heard that babies in CD don't get diaper rash, another benefit in my opinion. I also won't have to do anything special to wash them. Just a hot wash with a little detergent. And while it will take a chunk of money to get started, I will save money in the long run, but not buying diapers every 1-2wks. This is one of the places I'm thinking about ordering from, Abby's Lane. You can go there so you can see some of what I talked about. Cloth diapers are so cute now. I simply can't wait till we have the money so we can get them. Well, anyway, that was my rant for the day. I also have no idea when I will blog again. Just be patient with me. My mind is on a certain little someone over in Seattle and blogging is the last thing I really feel like doing.

Bye for now.................................

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let you know that we are still praying for your family and Kiara.

Love you,

~Denise from Alaska, for all