Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Crazy Good News and a Fun Day!

Today was a great day. For starters Ma and Pop's (names will be with held for privacy) new neighbor came over and told us that another neighbor on the block was arrested for dealing meth. We all knew he had been dealing, and the cops had been trying to nail him for years, but they could never catch him. Well, the new neighbor has a friend who is a deputy sherrif, and he was over visiting when this other neighbor got in his car and drove off. NN (new neighbor) said "I bet if you go pull him over you will find something on him." His friend said ok and followed him. When he pulled him over the guy was tweaking hard and when he was searched they found meth on him. So now he looking at a minimum of 5yrs in prison. NN said he wasn't going to put up with ppl dealing drugs in his neighborhood. He said he doesn't want to live next to ppl who are dealing meth right next door. We are so thankful the guy has finally been caught. We all knew he had been dealing, but I didn't know it was meth. We all just thought it was pot. So that was wonderful news. It was scary to know that was going on when our children are right outside playing. Oh and on top of that there is a child who lives in that house. That is no kind of home for a child.

Anyway, Ma, the girls and I all went over and hung out with Jackie and the boys. Ma had never been over to their new house so she got the tour when we arrived. Willy and Wyatt had swimsuits and life jackets on. So after the tour the girls and I got ready to go swimming with the boys and Jackie. Brooklyn has always been afraid of the big pools. Keep in mind this isn't a huge pool. Its one of those you just set up in your backyard each summer. But Brooklyn has always been scared. She has never really spent much time in anything other than a kiddie pool. So even though she had a her life jacket on she was afraid. Jackie got her to swim around holding on to a noodle. And she loved it! It gave her some independance. After a bit, and with Jackie only, she started to swim without the noodle! This was a huge step for her. After that she swam all over the pool. There was no stopping her. She absolutely loved it. I was so proud of her. It was such a huge accomplishment. Rilee wasn't too crazy about the water at first. She had to be held. Then I got her swim while I held on only to life jacket and out away from me. Then I took her life jacket off and put her in a floatie to give her and me a break. After she spent time in there she didnn't want her life jacket on. She wanted to be held and then she would just try to swim away from me. So I let her go. When her head went under I pulled her up. I told that is what happens when she tries to get away without her life jacket. We all had so much fun. It was nice to visit with Jackie and to let the kids play together. I may actually get together with her again this week. The weather is going to be in the 90's for the rest of the week. Plus, Erik's gone and it will give us something to do besides sit at home. We had quite a day filled with all kinds of excitement. Now I'm as exhausted as the girls.

Please continue to keep my sweet little niece, Kiara, in your prayers. Things are still going well for them. She goes into the hospital on Thurs. So please pray all the chemo and radiation go well and that her transplant is a success.

Bye for now...............................................

2 comments:

Trina G. said...

glad the girlies had fun.

Beya said...

Sounds like a fun day!!!