Monday, February 9, 2009

House Hunting

So house hunting officially sucks. We've looked at some houses and found one we both liked. We called to set up a time to take my parents to look at it and it turns out our realtor had just found out there was an offer already pending. The people she talked to were surprised that we'd gotten to see it in the first place. So now we're back to square one. We're trying to keep our chins up. There are a couple of houses we want to look at. And both of them have hot tubs. So hopefully they'll be more promising. One of the things I'm looking for is someplace that is nice enough for Kiara to be able to come over and visit. So we are being a bit picky about what we want, but I'm pretty sure we're not the first people to do that. We also would like a good sized yard for the kids to play in. Well, I'll keep you updated. Thanks again for all the prayers.

1 comment:

Cameo said...

do you have a realtor? I had one when we decided to buy and I must have looked at 50+ homes she emailed me and I didn't like any of them. Once I fired her I decided I could do it on my own. I actually found our house on craigslist. We got a killer deal on it because we DIDN'T have a realtor. You see the realtor's commission comes out the price of the house, therefore if the realtor were to make any money on our house, they would have had to raise the price to account for her cut. Try craigslist and do some shopping on your own if you DO have a realtor. Luckily you are smack dab in the middle of a buyers market right now. We bought right before the housing prices crashed. IF we could sell our house right now, we'd be selling for about $50k-$75 less than what we bought it for.