Thursday, September 13, 2007

Scary

Brooklyn gave us quite a scare last night. My mother-in-law, Anita, and her sister Kathy were up visiting Grandma Briggs. So we went to visit them at their hotel after dinner. Brooklyn and Rilee were running all over the room. When we were getting ready to leave we were watching something on tv when Brooklyn came over to Erik crying about her arm. We tried to get her to move her arm and she would cry every time we moved it. She would cry if you picked her up and moved her. That is not like Brooklyn at all. She is the toughest little thing ever. She might cry a little bit, but nothing like this. So that is how we knew something was wrong. She we drove all the way back into CDA and took her to the er. They took and xray just to make sure it wasn't broken. It turned out that she had what is called "nurse maid's elbow." That mean she had slightly dislocated her elbow. When Erik had taken her in to the xray and was moving her arm for the pictures he apparently popped it back in. When he brought her back to the room she started moving her arm and playing with her stickers she gotten in xray. I asked her if her arm hurt and she said no. She had been saying yes. The dr told us that if she is playing and starts crying and won't move her arm then to take it and rotate it and it would pop back in. So for the next 6mo-1yr she is really susceptible to dislocating it again. So now we have to be careful with her. But she had us all pretty worried that she had broken it. We are so thankful she is fine.

Last night I made an awesome dinner. I bought a fryer chicken tuesday night. So I baked the chicken yesterday with stuffing and made mashed potatoes and homemade gravy, broccoli. It was so good. It would have been better if I had my seasoning. But I didn't. Erik really like it though. I guess that is all that matters. I was getting tired of my same old boring menu. So I decided to try something else. And it turned out pretty good. Well, I need to get to work.

Bye for now..............

1 comment:

Cameo said...

Mom told me about Brooklyn. How scary! Glad everything is ok. You are such a good wife and mother, making dinner every night. Love you!