Saturday, December 8, 2007

Dr. Appointment

So Rilee went to the dr. today for her well baby check. She now weighs 25lbs 8oz and her height (I'm not sure how accurate this is from the way the measure) is 29 3/4in. They just lay her on the table and make marks and her head and feet on the paper. But when both my girls were born the height they got at the birthing center in the hospital was always taller than at the dr. office. I don't like the nurse so much, but I love the girls Dr. She is so awesome. But anyway, I asked Dr. J about the chickenpox and she said she may or may not get them. Not very helpful. She also said the incubation is about 3-7days, so she could start showing symptoms like a fever or something that soon. But she went ahead and gave her the vaccination. Dr. J said that it wouldn't hurt her in any way. And if she does get CP then the shot will help keep them from being too bad. So we're going to give it a bit more time before we are around Kiara just to make sure. Although I did find a couple red spots on her before I put her to bed. She has one under her chin and one on her cheek. So we'll keep and eye on them and see what happens. Poor baby got 4 pokes today. I say it like that because she actually had 5 different shots, but 2 of them were combined. The MMR and the CP they are the 2 that hurt the most. She did cry a little bit, but she did really well. She did cry harder with the combined shot which was the last one. But she has never really cried for very long. She really does a good job. And other than the fact that she may get CP she is other wise a very healthy little girl.

For those of you who don't know, Kiara has croup. Jeff and Tandy took her to the dr on thursday. They gave her a steroids shot which was a muscle relaxer to help open up her voice box. At least I think that is what it was supposed to open up. Plus, she needs to have a cool mist humidifier in her room to reduce the swelling. But Tandy told me she seems to be doing better. So if you wouldn't mind keeping her in your prayers that would be much appreciated. Thank you. I will keep you all informed on how she is doing.

Tomorrow is Erik's company Christmas party. I'm really excited about going, but really nervous too. I get pretty scared about being around people I don't know. But I want to go, so I really am not making much sense. I will be sure to let everyone know how it went. And I hope I won't forget to take my camera.

Bye for now...................

1 comment:

Cameo said...

So Rilee DIDN'T get CP? Well that's good! V is finally getting over them and when I got her up from the crib this morning, her sheet was almost covered in scabs that came off in the night! She's healing pretty good though. Hard to believe a week ago she was so sick and neither one of us had had any sleep. Glad you dodged that bullet!