I saw my diabetes dietitian yesterday. I've been having some high after dinner blood sugars so they gave me another insulin to inject myself with before dinner. I don't think I gave myself enough insulin tonight for the amount of carbs I ate. I apparently miscalculated. Yesterday's after dinner was good though. As was my sugar this morning, but that is because she had me increase my long lasting insulin yet again from 18 units to 21. For the first time since learning about my gestational diabetes it was where it should be. I actually thought for a second that it was a bit low for me (which it was considering it hasn't once been in the range it is supposed to be) and then I realized that it wasn't low, but it was actually perfect! I got a good laugh out of that one. Now all I have to do is be very careful not to get my insulins mixed up. Because if I were to give myself 21 units of my before dinner insulin I would have to eat continuously for 4 hours to keep my sugar from getting to low. And I personally don't think that sounds very fun. Lol!
Last Sabbath, my aunt and cousins took Erik and the girls up to their friend's house to see the animals they have there. They have goats and horses and I'm not sure about anything else. They had a goat that was supposed to give birth very soon. They had been seeing the goats and were getting ready to go get a horse for the kids to see when they noticed this goat was starting to push. Sure enough, they all got to witness her give birth to two baby goats. Kyndra's response, "Ewww!" Erik came to pick me up from my grandparents so I could see the new babies. While there they let the girls and Erik with Kyndra in front of him, have a ride on their horse, Cocoa. After they had all had a turn, Brooklyn was being taught how to feed the horse a carrot. And poor girl accidently got her one of her fingers bit by the horse. She was trying so hard not to cry that it broke my heart. But after getting some ice on it she was fine. By the next day she couldn't even remember which finger had been bitten. Overall, it was an amazing experience for them. Kyndra's favorite animal was the horse. She didn't like the goats, but she couldn't get enough of the giant horse! Brooklyn, Rilee and Kyndra had never been around farm animals before and they loved it! I really want to try and take them to the fair this year so they can see the animals. I think they would have a blast!
No comments:
Post a Comment