Monday, May 16, 2011

Great Weekend

So last Thursday I had another NST. Baby looked great! I also had my OB visit and ultrasound while there. I am measuring big, but that is normal when you have gestational diabetes. The ultrasound showed the fluid levels were perfect as was the baby's blood flow. We also very clearly saw that he is still a boy. The doctor tried to get a view of his face, but the umbilical cord was covering it. I saw a tiny glimpse of part of his face. He has an adorable nose! I have to wait until Friday this week before I get a chance to see him again. I also had to up my dose of insulin. I originally started with 10 units of insulin. I now take 16 units. I also am getting the Glucerna shakes for diabetics. They help prevent blood sugar spikes. After drinking one last night before bed, my blood sugar was pretty good this morning. Better than it has been anyway. I'm praying this combination of insulin and the shakes will do the trick in getting my morning sugars down where they need to be.

This weekend my friend, Tyra, came to visit with her 4 kids. We grilled burgers for lunch and enjoyed talking and hanging out. The kids all enjoyed playing together. There was a lot of wind, but it wasn't cold so we had them play outside in the fresh air. Kyndra was smitten with Baby Angel. She kept calling her Lil' Man's name. I tried telling her that she wasn't her brother. I think she finally got it. I am impressed that she realizes her brother is going to be a real baby. Even if he isn't here yet. We had a great day and enjoyed the visit. It will probably be the last one we get with them before the baby is born. Tyra is also pregnant. She is due in Oct. This is her 5th child and it was as much of a surprise for them as Lil' Man was for us.

I think spring is finally here. We have had rain yesterday and today, but we've also had more sunshine and warm weather. Brooklyn was practicing her bike riding with no training wheels yesterday. I tried to help her, but with this baby in my belly it didn't go very well. Erik ended up helping her and so did Grandma. Her biggest thing she needs to figure out is balancing. Hopefully with more sunny weather we'll have her out trying. Rilee loves riding her bike even though it is small for her. I'm thinking she will need one for her birthday just like Brooklyn. Rilee pedals as fast as she can go up and down the sidewalk. I am working with her on remembering to use her brakes instead of her feet to stop. But other than that she loves to cruise on her bike and fly down the sidewalk.

No comments: