Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Kite Flying

So for Mother's Day I wanted to take my mom out to breakfast, but she had to work that day and all the lines were really long. So we decided to pick up some groceries and make breakfast at home. Everything turned out delicious!! And we all had a great time. Ma said it was better than going out and she told everyone about it at work. While at the store, Rilee had to go potty and wanted Grandma to take her, which worked out perfectly for me. I took that opportunity to sneak off and buy some flowers for Ma which I then set in a cup holder in backseat to surprise her when she got in the car. She loved them and was very surprised. That morning Brooklyn had told me to stay in bed because she wanted to finish her Mother's Day gift for me. Erik helped the girls finish the gifts for me they had started at my Grandma's house. They had been her idea, but they hadn't had the chance to finish them over there, because I had a busy week of appointments. So they finished them at home and gave them to me. There are so adorable. I need to take pictures of them and have Erik hang them up for me. After breakfast we spent the day working around the house. Erik finished the composter he has been trying to make for about and year now. It currently sits in the back yard getting filled up with compost.

Yesterday, Erik and I went to the store and on our way to check out he found some kites. The girls have never had kites nor have they ever flown them. Yesterday happened to be perfect for kites. Erik put one of kites together and they each got to have a turn flying it. All three of them had a blast and have been asking me all day if we can go fly kites. I keep telling them they need to wait for Daddy, because one pregnant mama trying to keep track of 3 little girls with kites probably wouldn't work to well. LOL!

I had my first non-stress test (NST) yesterday. Lil' Man's heart looked perfect. The machine they have at the doctor's office is a bit different than the ones at the hospital. The hospital ones also monitor fetal movement. At the doctor's office I had a little button I had to push every time I felt the baby move. I thought I would be able to take a book or play on my iPod, but I had to focus on when the baby moved so I could push the button. I'm thinking I may need to have my insulin upped yet again. I have had 2 really good morning sugars, but the last ones I've had have been above 100. That isn't good for the baby. I'm going to try a different kind of snack tonight and see if that will make a difference. If not I will be calling my diabetes person and seeing what I should do. So please keep this in your prayers. I really need to get that morning sugar down for the health of my baby.

My washing machine broke the other day leaking water on the floor and bringing my washing to a halt. Erik finally looked at it over the weekend and found out the pump was leaking. He ordered a new one and it just arrived today! Needless to say it is going to be one of the first things he does when he gets home from work today. I desperately need to get laundry done. Ma took a small load of clothes home with her last night to wash for me. I'm out of short sleeved maternity shirts and we are having gorgeous weather! Tomorrow is supposed to be in the 70's and throughout the week. So I need my cooler shirts. My mom is the best and I'm so grateful to have her.

No comments: