Friday, May 6, 2011

Good News

Yesterday I saw both my diabetes nurse and my OB doctor. I learned even more about my gestational diabetes. She upped my insulin just a little bit, but it seemed to help. My fasting sugar this morning was 92, which is really good compared to what it has been. I'm thankful it is finally starting to get under control. But I do have to be more careful about having low sugars in between meals and even after meals. The insulin I'm on lasts 24 hours with one dose. I was told I could eat a few more carbs in the morning for breakfast because after that meal is when my glucose seems to be the lowest. Yesterday it was 80 and according to what they want for me that is getting on the low side. I happy I don't have to be so restricted at breakfast now! Now at my OB visit we set the date for me to go in and have the baby. It will be on June 14! That is a Tuesday which is the one day of the week my doctor is at the hospital all day. I'm hoping that we can get things going a bit on our own like we did with Kyndra. Also starting next week I will be going in twice a week for non-stress test (NST). On my second NST of the week I will also have an OB visit and after that my doctor will do an ultrasound to check the fluid level. That day will take about an hour and a half depending on if the baby cooperates during the NST. They said the NST's normally take about 20 minutes, but they can take longer if the baby is sleeping. So until my Lil' Man is born our weeks are going to be busy. I will also be seeing the diabetes people about once every 2 weeks. I will be so glad when this kid get here and my appointments will slow down a bit.

No comments: