Sunday, October 14, 2007

Stupid Deer

Yesterday afternoon Erik took the girls and I with him on a road hunt. Basically we drive around and if we see something Erik will get out and shoot it. We didn't see anything until it was too dark to shoot. So we were on our way home on the highway. I had fallen asleep, but woke up because Rilee was crying. Erik and I were talking about where we were going to eat when all of a sudden a deer ran out in front of us. Erik hit the brakes, but then another deer a buck no less decided he was going to cross the road also. Erik had the brakes locked and even swerved, but we still hit it. And the worse part is that the stupid buck got up and walked away! Erik got out to look at the car and the car behind us pulled over as well and asked if everyone was ok. I thought that was very nice of him. We were all fine. Rilee got scared, but that was about it. There on the highway Erik didn't think the damage looked to bad. When Erik got in the car I asked him it the deer was dead. He told me it had walked away. I had been getting ready to hand him his gun. My first thought was "Our deer!" But then it was if the animal was suffering I was going to have him put it out of its misery. We stopped at a gas station where there was more light and realized it wasn't too good. The worst thing it the dent in the hood of my durango from the antlers. Plus, the headlight is loose and burned out. It isn't that noticeable, but it is there. It just sucked. I will try to get some pictures of it today. So that was our exitng and sucky bit of "fun" for the weekend.

Bye for now.............

1 comment:

Cameo said...

Both mom and I were so sad to hear about your Durango. I know how much you love that truck. Hopefully you have insurance on it and can get it fixed. It would be covered by comprehensive and usually you have a lower deductible on comprehensive than collision. Why yes, yes I did used to be in insurance, why do you ask? LOL. Love you!