Yesterday when I called to see if jury duty was still on for today the machine said that it had been rescheduled for Tuesday. I was pretty happy about that as you can imagine. When I called today the machine informed me that it had been cancelled for the rest of the week. If you thought I had been happy before, just imagine how much happier I was. I screamed and jumped up and down with joy.
But the joy from that was quickly killed. I had run home to get Brooklyn some clean clothes ( she had a potty accident). Ma called me when I was on my way back to her house and told me that Tandy and Kiara had been in a car accident, but they weren't hurt. This was Tandy's first accident. Unfortunately, the cops said Tandy was the one at fault, because she was making an "unsafe lane change." You know how there are sometimes 2 turn lanes right next to each other going the same direction? Well, she didn't know that the one could either turn or go straight. And she had decided to go to Shopko to look for some jeans for Kiara. Well, she needed to go straight, because it was just right across the highway. She said she looked twice and didn't see anyone, so she started to change over the solid white line. She was also talking to Jeff on the phone because she was just leaving one of Kiara's therapy appointments. This lady hit the passenger side of the car. Tandy said she didn't even feel much of a jerk from the impact. Tandy told us the people in the other car were very scary, mean looking people. The lady got out of the car and called Tandy every name in the book and kept telling her to get out of the car. Tandy was shaking and couldn't get the door open, but she managed to squeeze out, because she thought the lady would start beating on the car to get her out. The lady yelled at Tandy to call the police since she had a phone. They didn't even notice that Kiara was in the backseat. Tandy didn't talk to them, because she was so mean. Although at one point the lady angrily told her husband to ask if Tandy was alright. All Tandy said was that she was fine. Jeff and Pop went to her. When the police arrived he was talking to the lady and her husband when he noticed Kiara. He left them immediately and went over to Tandy to see if Kiara was alright. She said she was. In fact he was the first person to notice Kiara. He seperated Tandy and the lady, because "she seems very hostile." Tandy was very honest with him about what happened. She is very lucky she didn't end up in jail, because she has been living here in ID since she was pregnant with Kiara and her license was a WA license. She told him that Jeff had been in and out of jobs and then Kiara had just finished 6mo of chemo for cancer and had been in and out of the hospital for that and that she hadn't had the money to get it done. He said that she had been through enough, so he wasn't going to arrest her, but he did have to give her a ticket. She now has to pay the ticket and get her license changed by the 22nd of this month or she will go to jail. Now as to the damage to the car. Well........it doesn't look good. If you look at it from the side where they hit it doesn't look like anything more than a little front end damage. But if you look at it straight on you can see that the frame has been tweaked. It sits about 3in towards the drivers side. Jeff drove it Ma and Pop's even though it is unsafe to drive. If they got it over 25mph the whole car would shake. And it didn't turn very well one direction. Kiara has to have a brand new carseat, because if they were to use the one that is in the car they could go to jail for it, because it is considered broken. There is going to be a lot of stuff going on for them over the next few days or more. They borrowed Ma's car to get home, because there is a carseat in there for Kiara (and Brooklyn). Things are going to need to be figured out as to which car Jeff will borrow for work, because he needs a car for pizza deliveries. Please pray for them and that things will work out. I'm going to be driving Tandy around for anything she need to do, like therapy/dr. appointments for Kiara. Another reason I'm so glad I'm a stay home mommy. Plus Tandy and I are thinking about becoming mystery shoppers for some extra money. She and I will go together to the different places. I think it will be lots of fun. But please remember to keep all of us in your prayers as we get things worked out. Well, I need to get some sleep.
Bye for now...................
2 comments:
Give tandy my best, good luck. Cool, no jury duty this week!
Oh, poor Tandy! Like getting into an accident isn't stressful enough, she had to deal with some jackass!!! Glad to hear they are ok. And SCORE about your non-jury duty!!
Post a Comment