Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Keeping Busy

I've been trying to get a lot done. I want to have my house organized before Lil' Man is born. I'm not sure how much I'll actually accomplish. It isn't the easiest task with 3 little girls who make messes faster than I can clean, and a fluffy white dog underfoot. But I'm determined to get some control over things. The weeks are flying by fast and before I know it I'll have a new baby in my arms. We haven't had a lot of warm weather yet either. A few days, but mostly rain. I don't mind rain, in fact, I love it. But I'm ready to send the girls outside so I can work in the house.

I've been getting schoolwork for the girls. Brooklyn is doing really well figuring out the math problems I give her. She did some on her own the other day that I haven't gone over with her yet. But she figured out all by herself, so I've been continuing to give her problems that challenge her. She uses her fingers to get the answers but that doesn't bother me. She has to start somewhere. She also is picking up on reading very quickly. I enjoy watching them learn and the excitement when they figure it out. Rilee does very simple work. I have her practice writing letters and numbers, as well as her name. I also give her some different shapes to trace. She asked me today for some math problems as well. She does very well. Kyndra likes to sit and color while the girls do their work. She gets very upset if you use any of her paper. She is going through the "mine" stage. Everything belongs to her. Including the new carseat that arrived yesterday for Lil' Man. She seems to think it is her's and neither of the other girls can touch it. And when I try to tell her it is for her brother she tells me no. Oh well, it's not like she can use it any way.

Our tomato plants are crazy big!!!! Some of them are a foot tall. We are going to have to transplant them again soon!! Erik built a green house on Sunday, with some help from me. All we have left to do is come up with a door somehow. Our tomatoes are outgrowing the shelves they are on. My grandma couldn't believe how big they were when we shared some with my aunt. She said they were about 4x bigger than their tomatoes. I'm so ready for some warm weather. I want to get a good garden planted. I'm ready for fresh, home grown veggies.

I've got a lot of appointments coming up over the next couple of weeks. I'm going to be busy, busy, busy. Yikes!! This boy better arrive on time!!!

No comments: