Yesterday I met with my diabetes educator and talked over my blood sugars. She was a bit concerned that my morning sugars were on the high side no matter what I did. So she talked it over with the nurse later that day and called me back saying they were starting me on medication. I had my ob appointment that afternoon and he was asking me about how my blood sugar was. I told him they were going to be starting me on medication to bring down my morning sugar. He looked over my records and agreed that it really is only my morning sugar that is on the high side. I went back in today to the diabetes lady and was given my insulin. I will be taking one shot once a day in the evening. Of course, as the doctor told me this will be changing things for me a bit. I will soon be going in twice a week for stress tests on the baby. They will also be doing ultrasounds to check the fluid levels. He also said that this can cause the placenta to quit working and by checking all this out it will give them a warning if this is happening and we can get the baby out in time. Another thing with being on insulin now is that they won't let me go past 39 weeks pregnant. So it seems like my due date has been bumped up. The one and only time I didn't want to have the baby early and now I have no choice. I really wanted him to be born on his due date, which also happened to be Father's Day. Oh well, I will do whatever is best for my baby's health. I'm a little bummed about everything that is happening with this pregnancy. I never had any trouble with the girls and now all of this is going on. It makes me so thankful that Erik had his vasectomy and we won't have to worry about any of this happening again. So needless to say that I will be busy until this baby is born!!
Ziva goes in to the groomer on Monday. I'll be glad to get her haircut before the baby is born. We've cut her hair ourselves in the past, but I'm actually glad to get her to the groomer so we don't have to deal with the work and the mess while I'm pregnant. I don't care that she doesn't look perfect when we cut it. Erik operates the clippers while I use the scissors. She doesn't look half bad. I'm no professional so I don't expect her to look perfectly groomed. We do the best we can. And when money is tight we don't mind doing it. But we have the extra money to get it done so we are. So my little puppy will be a white short haired fluff again.
I've been on a cleaning frenzy around my house lately. I'm not sure if I've started nesting or not, but currently my kitchen and living room are quite sparkley. Although, my kids are good at messing it up really fast. They are like 3 little tornadoes causing destruction throughout my home. At least they keep life interesting and fun most of the time to make up for.
We're thinking about moving our veggie plants out to the greenhouse this weekend. We'll have to wait and see. We ended up with snow today even though it didn't stick. The weather report shows that we should have 60* weather next week. But we'll see. You never know how the weather will be in Idaho.
I guess I need to try to figure out something for dinner. I haven't the slightest clue what to make. Trying to come up with meals is harder now than ever before. Blah.......
No comments:
Post a Comment