Friday, April 15, 2011

Sick

Yesterday I had an appointment with the diabetes dietitian. I learned a lot about what I need to do to control my gestational diabetes. I also am having to check my blood sugar four times a day. This isn't the most fun, but I know it could be much worse. The meter I got has a pretty much painless lancet thing. So it hasn't been to terrible. My dietitian even gave me a new meter for my mom who has very painful hands do to psoriasis. She said the new lancets would probably be less painful for her. I'm sure hoping so. Yesterday afternoon, I started to notice that I was getting a sore throat. And when checking my blood sugars I couldn't figure out why they were slightly high, even though I wasn't eating a ton of carbs. And as the evening went on I noticed my throat was feeling worse and by the time I went to bed my nose was stuffed and I had a headache. This morning I remembered that at my appointment yesterday they told that being sick makes some people have higher blood sugar levels. So now I know why they've been elevated. I sure hope this goes away soon, so I can have a better idea if I'm controlling my diabetes.

Last night Erik, Brooklyn, Rilee, Kyndra, my parents and I all enjoyed going out to dinner. We decided to go to Chili's. We had so much fun and we all really enjoyed our evening. It was so nice after Erik being gone so long. I did learn that Kyndra is not ready to sit in the booth next to us. She still needs the highchair, because she absolutely drove me crazy with all her squirming and crawling from person to person. We sat at one of their really big booths. So she was constantly moving. Yeah, she is going to be in a highchair for a while longer.

I'm hoping we will get to enjoy a nice relaxing weekend. Erik has not had a day off since before he left for work in Moses Lake. And now with me being sick I'm hoping we can all get some much needed rest so no one else gets it. I have a feeling the next several weeks are going to keep us very busy. I'm not sure we'll get much time to relax until after Lil' Man is born. Please keep us in your prayers over the next few months. They are greatly appreciated.

I'm hoping I'm getting back into my blogging again. Life took over for a while and I just didn't seem to have the time. We'll see how long I can keep this up.

No comments: