Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Yikes!

I can't believe how long it has been since I've blogged. My pregnancy is going pretty well. I did just find out that I have gestational diabetes. I was pretty upset to hear that, but I will do my best to control it for the health of my Lil' Man. BTW, he does have a name, but we're waiting until he is born to announce it. I will be 31 weeks pregnant on Sunday. Which means only 9 more weeks to go before this babe is in my arms! Erik spent almost 2.5 weeks out of town working 12 our shifts with no days off. He finally got to come home yesterday and is working again today, but a normal shift. We need so many things for Lil' Man that we are going to take some of the money he got and go shopping. Poor baby hardly has any clothes. At least, not enough to last him more than a couple of days. We've also been thinking about buying a new carseat, since the one I had for Kyndra is pink with butterflies. We didn't expect to have another baby so I got her a pink seat. Oops. That will probably be the only big thing I spend money on though. He will use the pink and brown bouncy chair, the purple Bumbo, the pink bathtub and even pink cloth diapers (at least at home). But the rest of his things will be very boyish.

Brooklyn had her sixth birthday last month. She seems to think she is very grown up and is the boss now. She told Rilee a few weeks ago that she had to listen to her because she is six now. Erik and I couldn't believe she'd said that. It was a good thing we had only overheard their conversation because we couldn't stop laughing. She is also very smart. This year homeschooling didn't go very well, do to this pregnancy, but what little we have done she picked up on very quickly. Even now she teaches herself something or is always asking questions. She is going to do very well next year when I will have a better schedule going for us.

Rilee is such a princess. She is so girly and loves all her frills and dresses. She is so smart and loving. Every night at bedtime she has to kiss us on the lips, cheek and forehead before she will go to sleep. It cracks me up. She is also a stubborn child and likes to do things her own way. She loves helping take care of Kyndra and can't wait for her brother to get here. Of course, neither can Brooklyn. They are both so excited to have another baby in the house. They tend to baby Kyndra a bit more than I'd like. They are such good little mommies. Rilee has become more shy lately. I'm not sure how or why it started. It takes her more time to warm up to people than it used to. She was always so friendly and bubbly. And she still is but not as quickly.

Kyndra is a very funny child. She is always making me laugh with her facial expressions or her attitude. Her personality is really shining through. She will soon be celebrating her 2nd birthday. I'm not ready for her to turn 2 yet. That will be she really isn't a baby anymore. But she needs to have her birthday day before her brother can be born and I really want him here. She also loves babies. Anytime she sees one at the store she goes crazy. She always wants to see them. It is so cute. She loves playing with Ziva and throwing toys for her to fetch. And she loves being outside. She likes to dig in the dirt and play with water (even if it is too cold for her). She also loves to have ponies in her hair. She asks me to put them in daily and I love to do their hair so I enjoy it as well.

Erik and I started some of our plants for our garden. We went a bit crazy with the tomatoes. We have close to 40 tomato plants! We aren't sure what we're going to do with all of them, yet. We are also trying to grow brussel sprouts and eggplant. Plus, whatever else we will just put directly in the ground. We love having a garden and enjoying the fresh veggies. I sure hope we get some warmer weather here soon. We have had a lot of rain with a couple of days of sunshine. Come on Spring!!!!

No comments: