I was so tired last night I didn't have the energy to update my blog. Yesterday, Mom watched the girls for me while I went shooting with Dad at the indoor shooting range a couple of miles away. I love shooting. I really like my dad's 9mm Kahr. I feel like I have so much control with it. Plus, I have a pretty decent shot. I really want to have my own handgun. Dad and I were looking at them after we were done. I looked at a 9mm Glock and I looked at a Taurus 357 revolver. I'd really like to shoot them to see if I even like them. The Glock just doesn't feel right when I hold it. But I really liked the way the revolver felt. While I was there I was watching our things while Dad was washing his hands and I read part of this article about these 2 teenage brothers who have started packing. The older one is 18 and he carries a 9mm Glock in full veiw of everyone. And the younger 15 yr old carries a .22 caliber rifle. Both guns are loaded. They say they carry them for protection for themselves or other people and to exercise the Second ammendment right. Which I think is pretty cool. They aren't doing anything illegal. It is in full view, so everyone knows they have them. Dad told me he's seen the 15yr old riding his bike with his rifle. And then on our way home I see this kid walking down the sidewalk and it was the older boy packing his Glock. I couldn't believe it. To think that about 1/2hr after reading about him I see walking down the street. That is so cool.
The girls got to hang out with Gramma. Mom took them for a walk over to our friend, April's, house. Brooklyn ate really good for her and Rilee took a really long nap. She got lucky. Rilee hasn't been taking long naps lately. She'll maybe sleep for a 1/2hr to 45min. After we got back, we had bbq hamburgers. YUMMY!!! It was all so good and it just hit the spot. Jackie and the boys came over for a little bit, so Brooklyn got to play with Willy and Wyatt. They all did pretty good. They only fought once. Oh and Wyatt hit Rilee on the head with a toy pot. He has goose egg on his forehead and Jackie has no idea how he got it. He woke up from his nap on Monday with it. We figured he wanted Rilee to look like him. It was a great day.
Bye for now.........
1 comment:
I'm so impressed with your gun skills!!! I used to be able to shoot my dad's 22 really well. Now I can't because I don't have the arm strength to hold it steady since the accident, but I still love shooting guns!!! So cool. We should go shooting together sometime! You know we see each other ALL the time LOL!!! Love ya!
Post a Comment