Monday, June 4, 2007

Hot, hot, hot

I know it has been a while since my last post, but my computer hasn't liked the heat we've been having. So therefore, it hasn't wanted to work properly. I'm almost afraid to disconnect the internet just to download my new pictures. I have some really cute ones of the kids today. It was cloudy, but very hot and muggy. So I let Brooklyn run through the sprinkler. She loves water. She is so funny, because she really doesn't run through it. She will just go over and stand underneath the water. And she will stand there for the longest time. She just cracks me up. Rilee also got to play in the water. Brooklyn's very first "pool" was one of my mom's big tupperware dishes. So of course Rilee had to play in it today. I have pictures of her and Brooklyn with their matching swimsuits on. They are too cute. Brooklyn was playing in the water with Willy. Well, we were getting are things picked up in order to head over to my parents house to get out of the heat. Brooklyn and Willy had walked into Jackie's garage when we heard a squeak. Jackie looks over to see that one of the kids had stepped on a mouse! It wasn't dead, but its legs were all broken. Poor Jackie hates mice and was freaking out a little bit. I run back to Mom and Dad's to have my dad come take care of the mouse. It figures my dad was busy so Mom grabs a shovel and we head back. Well, I had been asking the kids who stepped on the mouse. And who do you think stomped on the poor thing? BROOKLYN!!!!! All Erik could do was laugh when I told him. How gross is that? Why my daughter? So we get back over to Jackie's and she turns to look at it and it had moved! We aren't sure how since you could see the legs broken. But it moved about 1ft towards the door that goes into the kitchen. Jackie was afraid to even go in the garage. Mom scooped it up and carried it clear across the soccer field. It was gross and funny all at the same time. It was quite a day.

Kiara is still in the hospital. Her counts are down. Please keep her in your prayers.

I'll try to get those pictures on here. Bye for now........

No comments: