Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Doctor Visit!

Both of the girls went to the doctor today. Rilee had her 4mo check up and Brooklyn her 2yr. And the other sucky part is that they both got shots. Brooklyn only had one, but Rilee had 4. Poor little thing. We had made the appointment when Erik was still laid off so he could go because of the shots. We didn't realize he would be going back to work so soon. I made my mom go with me. She holds the girls while I sit in the chair and plug my ears. Brooklyn went first and the nurse almost didn't get it done, because she started kicking. She said she didn't know she would fight so hard. Well duh, she's 2, for crying out loud! Brooklyn only cried for a minute and then she was fine. But Grandma told her she would buy her an ice cream cone. Rilee cried little bit more, but she settled down when I gave her a bottle. Brooklyn weighs 25lbs and is 33 1/2in tall. Rilee is 15lbs 3oz and is 24 3/4in tall. They are both growing very well. I really like their doctor, but I can't stand the nurse. She is so rude sometimes. I have all I can do to keep from hitting her when she gives them their shots, because she is just so rude. What sucks is she is the only nurse I've ever seen. She's the only one Brooklyn has ever had and she's been going there for 2yrs now. The only way I get through is by the fact that she is an older woman, so I hoping she will be retiring soon. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

We watched the Pursuit of Happyness tonite. That was such a good movie. It just didn't seem like a Will Smith movie. But it was still great. It is of course the kind of movie that will make you cry. We all have to have those kind of movies though. I just don't know what I'd do without them. Also a good book is a plus. I could read for hours if the girls would let me. I just don't have the time to read, unless its after bedtime and I get to spend some time taking a hot bath and reading a good book.

Kiara is still doing great. They are still home, but we don't know for how long. We'll see. Tandy hopes it isn't for very long. She was in there such a short time that she's hoping that they will get to be done with her chemo sooner if it continues to go like this. We're praying that will be the case.

Well, Rilee is pretty fussy because of her shots so I need to go calm her down. Bye for now....

1 comment:

Cameo said...

OMG, Rilee and Valentina weigh almost the same!!!! Yep, I got me an eater!!! LOL. Shots suck. I guess that's one good thing about not having my baby right now. Hey, I gotta take what I can get!