Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day!!

I want to start off by saying Happy Mother's Day to everyone out there. Erik took my parents, the girls and me out to breakfast this morning. I haven't received my gift yet. We were a little tight on money after we were all so sick, that he wasn't able to order it. He is going to do it on Wed and make it so I can have it by Fri I think. He was going to tell me what it was, but I thought that would ruin the suprise when I actually get to see it.

We had a suprise birthday/Mother's Day party for my grandparents. My grandma's wish was to have all her kids under the same roof at the same time. Well, that hasn't been able to happen till finally today. She was very suprised and swore she wasn't going to talk to anyone again for keeping secrets from her. It was a lot of fun. I was on my feet a lot holding Rilee, who is a chunk, so I was a little worn out by the time I left. But it was great seeing everyone.

Yesterday we got to go and visit our cousins, Cameo and her husband Norm, Trina and her son Asa (his daddy had to work this weekend), and Aunt Kathy and Uncle Bill, on Erik's side at their hotel room in Spokane. We haven't seen each other since Brooklyn was 7mo old. It was great being able to see them and get a chance to visit. Brooklyn is 6 months younger than Asa and they had a blast together. Cameo, Erik and I were sitting at the table in their room eating dinner when I looked over to see Asa and Brooklyn coming out of the bathroom each with an end to a roll of toilet paper. It just so happened that there were 2 rolls. So Cameo put the toilet paper up out of reach. It was really quite funny. The next thing they got into was the tissues. Brooklyn and Asa each came out with a tissue "blowing" theirs nose into it. It was so cute to watch them make their little sniffing sounds. Well, they threw those away and came back with big handfuls of tissues. Trina made the comment that they both must have really runny noses. So then there was toilet paper and tissues all over the floor. I didn't know whether to laugh or be embarrassed. They really played so well together. Erik played with them on the bed. Both kids were jumping and Erik would push them down. Asa was so cute, because when Erik would push Brooklyn or doing anything else with her Asa was real quick to say "Do me!" He was just too adorable. When it was getting to be bed time for Asa, Trina told him to give loves. So he gave everybody hugs and kisses. Well, when he hugged and kissed Brooklyn they didn't connect for the kiss. So Brooklyn starts saying "kisses, kisses" and Asa takes off running. Well, Brooklyn was quick to follow. She chased him all over the room, around the coffee table and then under the coffee table. We were all laughing so hard. Like mother like daughter I guess. I did that to a boy when I was in the 2nd grade. To this day he thinks I actually kissed him, but in truth we tripped on a bean bag and I just bumped his head with my mouth. If she's doing this already at the age of 2, I hate to see what she'll be like when she gets to school. Yikes!

Well, it has been another long day and I've finally got some time to myself. I think I'm going to read a book. Bye for now.......

2 comments:

Cameo said...

We had soooooo much fun Saturday evening with you guys!!!! I'm glad you weren't embarrased! We were all cracking up! I told my mother in law all about it and she was laughing so hard!!! It was great to see you again and hopefully it won't be that long before we get together the next time!

Anonymous said...

Just a note from a fellow Enslow( Worthington). I was Googling our family name and found this entry. There aren't very many of us. You might be interested to know that I'm named after an ancestor who fought for the Confederacy, and that in the course of researching him I also found a guy named Enslow Worthington... who fought for the North! Very 'Twilight Zone', eh? I think there's a screenplay in there somewhere.