Sunday, May 20, 2007

New Camera!!!

Yay!! Erik went to Walmart to go buy my new digital camera. He had been looking online because, Jeff bought the same camera for Tandy and paid $300 for it. So Erik was hoping to find it cheaper. Well, the first place we'd ordered it from was not a very professional company. Erik was getting what he'd thought. The way the worded things seemed kinda sneaky. Plus, they tried to bump us up and they said they'd give it to us for $259 with free shipping. Well, when we got the conformation they were going to charge us $286! Erik got into a bit of an argument with them and finally got it cancelled. They wanted to charge us 10-15% just to cancel. I don't know what Erik did, but they didn't charge us. The next place we tried was more professional, but the camera's were on back order and Erik didn't realize that until after he'd placed the order. So he called to cancel, but they were closed. We got an email this morning saying it had been cancelled. When we were at Walmart last night we saw the camera for a good price. So Erik went to meet Jeff there and buy it. Jeff is working there now and he said he'd get us a 10% discount. Erik just called me and he said they didn't have the one we were going to get in stock, but we got the newer version of it for $10 more. It isn't as great as the one we were going to get, but Erik said he trusts Jeff judgement and he said it will still take really good pictures. Jeff is pretty smart when it comes to that kind of stuff. So now Erik and Brooklyn are on their way back home with my new camera!! I'm so excited! Now I'll be able to post pictures so easily. I need to finish getting ready. Willy's birthday party is today.

Bye for now.......

2 comments:

Cameo said...

WOOHOO!!!! Finally some pictures!!!!! I'm so excited for you! and me!

Jane said...

CONGRATS! I love to take pictures. I got my digital 4.5 years ago. It still takes GREAT photos and my husband always says that it was the best investment he ever purchased. I take tons of pics at events, share the good ones and delete the bad ones.

My parents were in town two weeks ago for a wedding... we all forgot our cameras at my house... so we were given a disposable. ok... we used it, dropped it off on the way home, picked the pics up the next day... NASTY i tell you. we all were very thankful for our digitals after that!

Enjoy!