Today started off great. We went over to my grandma's house for lunch and to visit. We haven't been over there in about a month because we've been sick. Brooklyn had a blast playing with Jordan and Shaylee. They all got to go up to the school playground just about a 1/2mile from my grandma's. I stayed and visited. We had a nice time.
My friend, Doug (aka Doogie), and his wife, Jenny, called me today. Even though they are already married, they are planning on having a small wedding next summer. Well, Jenny asked me to be one of her bridesmaids. I've never been a bridesmaid before so of course I told her yes. Plus, Doogie is like a brother to me, so I also want to do it for them. Even though it isn't going to be until next year, I'm still very excited.
We went and had pizza for dinner from this new place called Nate's New York Pizza. Let me tell you it is pretty darn good. I've had NY pizza and this stuff is some of the best I've eaten. I will highly recommend it to anyone in the area.
Poor Brooklyn! Of all the things to start happening to this poor girl, she now has hives all over her. She is having an allergic reaction to the antibiotic she is on. She is on Augmentin which is a penicillin medicine. Both Erik and I are allergic to penicillin. I'm not sure if that makes a difference or not. We didn't take her in, but I called and talked to a nurse over the phone. She told us to stop the medicine, watch her to see if she has trouble breathing and call her dr. in the morning. She says it doesn't happen too much for them to not be able to breathe. I just hope this doesn't make her ear infection come back. I'm starting to wonder if the poor girl is ever going to get better. The nurse also said that a person can take an antibiotic on and off for ten years before they can develop an allergic reaction to it. The body has to build up a reaction. I didn't know that. I always thought a reaction would begin immediately. Boy, was I wrong.
Please pray for Kiara. She has a cold too, and is just miserable. The poor little thing caught what we all have had. Please don't forget to pray for my mom. She has pneumonia. I can't remember if I mentioned that.
Well, I'm off to bed. Its has been a long day. Bye for now...........
1 comment:
Jeez, you guys are just plain miserable, aren't you? Poor Brooklyn. Glad to hear you are feeling better. How is Rilee? How exciting to be a bridesmaid! So happy for you!
Post a Comment