Saturday, April 21, 2007

Wedding Day!

This was by far the most interesting wedding I've ever been too. For starters we all got there a little late, so of course, this is the only wedding that happens to be on time. We went in and sat down upstairs. I guess I should tell you names so you know who I'm talking about. Shawn (my friend forever and the groom), Chantil (his bride), Jackie (Willy's mommy) and Bill (Jackie's hubby and Shawn's bro). Ok so we're in the church and they had just said the "I do's" and were going to move on to something. I turned to say something to Jackie when there was a loud crash that shook the whole church. I turned and looked and one of the groomsmen and passed out. Now, this guy was about 6'4" or 6'5" and the stage they were on was about 2 ft up. Well he landed on the floor which for his head was at least an 8ft fall. Luckily there was 3 EMT's and a nurse there. It took a little bit before the guy finally came around. It turned out the guy had locked his knees! Why would you do that at a wedding? His wife was one of the bridesmaids and she didn't even go over to him! She said to someone that he was alright (but how would she have known). Well, he was complaining about his neck hurting some, but he was fine. I've only seen this kind of thing on America's Funniest Home Videos. I didn't think I would actually be there when it happened. So after we found out he was ok, it kinda became a little funny. Although, Brian(one of groomsmen), was having a hard time trying not to laugh when the poor guy was still laying on the floor unconscious. They wedding then continued. Willy looked adorable in his little tux, but he kept running around. At the reception, Jackie sat with us at our table. Willy and Brooklyn played, but Willy kept pinching the heck out of her cheeks. He even left a scratch mark. So now we're trying to teach her to not put up with that and defend herself. If he does hit or pinch her (with Jackie's permission) she is supposed to hit him. I know that might sound a little harsh, but sometimes he can get really mean. And Jackie and Bill have told her on several occasions to do just that. Ok, back to the reception. And then to top it all off, my ex-boyfriend, Tyrel, and his wife sat at the table next to ours. I didn't even know that he was still good enough friends with Shawn to go to his wedding. At the end, my mom went over and talked to them. And everyone else left the table, too leaving me there alone with Rilee. So then , because I didn't want to look rude I went over and said hello and met his wife. Then Erik came back and he got introduce. We didn't talk long, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Oh! I almost forgot. Kiara's diaper leaked and she got pee all over my dad's leg. It was really funny. And her clothes were just soaked. So that just topped off the whole crazy day. But it was really nice to see Shawn looking so happy. Chantil was finally the girl who won his heart.

I still feel yucky. I feel like I'm getting worse. And Rilee just doesn't sound good either. At least Brooklyn is feeling better. Well, I need to feed Rilee her cereal bottle and go to bed. We're getting up really early so we can get in line at Circuit City and try to get a Wii. They don't open till 10am, but Jeff said we should be there by seven. He was at k-mart at 7am and waited 3hrs for his and he wasn't even the first person there. By the way Cameo, I usually don't go to bed till about 2:30 or 3. The girls don't get up till 10am or later anyway and I usually have them in bed by 9 or 9:30. Bye for now..........

1 comment:

Cameo said...

Wow! That sounds like one hell of a wedding!!! I hope somebody got it on tape!!! Glad to hear he wasn't hurt. That cracks me up about his wife not even going over to him!!!! Too much!