Friday, April 13, 2007

She's Back!!!

Brooklyn came back home today!! I missed her so much. And they told me she missed me too. She kept asking for me when she woke up. So Jeff left a little early and dropped her off at about 11:30 this morning. She was absolutely exhausted. From the moment she saw me she started whinning and wanting to be held. She did have a lot of fun, though. She ran all over the pediatric oncology ward. Tandy said she met a couple of kids there and she got to play with them. They have a really cool playroom with a bunch of toys, movies, paints and other things to color with. She came home with a painting she made and a picture she colored with crayons. Tandy also said that after she was in her jammies she "swept" the floor with them. She had fleecy jammies on and she kept pushing herself on her back across the floor. She took a really good 2 1/2hr nap about an hr after she got home. Then I had her in bed at 8. She was just so worn out. You all should have seen her at dinner. When I gave her lunch she had a tv dinner which contained pizza, strawberry applesauce and fruit snacks. Well, the applesauce was red. When she had eaten the little container she wanted more and it had to be red. So I gave her some more and put some food coloring in it. Well, at dinner she wanted blue applesauce, so I did the same thing. She decided she wanted to put food in her hair. When Erik asked her why she put food in her hair she told him, "Blue hair, Daddy. Blue hair." Well, let me tell you Erik, Jeff and I had a hard time trying to hide our laughter. She just wanted blue hair. Needless to say she went right into the bathtub. Rilee also had her bath at the same time.

Erik's parents and Nicky will get here tomorrow. There was the posibility they would be here today, but I had Erik ask them to come on Fri instead. I knew Brooklyn was going to be tired after her night at the hospital and we want her to enjoy their visit. After the way she was today I'm glad I made that decision. She was such a bear. We're all looking forward to their time with us. Tandy told me she would tell Brooklyn they were coming and she would get excited.

Rilee was happy to have her sissy home again. She was just talking and smiling to her. They are both spending their first night in their room together. For some reason Rilee didn't go to sleep as easily tonight. She went down really well last night. Brooklyn was already in bed long before her and I was afraid Rilee's fussing would wake her up. but she only stirred a little bit.

Speaking on bed I'm ready to go to sleep. I still have a few more things to do in the morning before my in-laws arrive. Bye for now......

No comments: